Member Appreciation Night
On Thursday November 21, 2013 from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm at George Eastman House
In addition to after-hours access to our exhibitions, members will enjoy other exclusive activities and get an inside look at all that Eastman House has to offer.
Potter Peristyle & Main Galleries
- Sweet Creations gingerbread house display begins here and continues through the museum and historic house.
- Light refreshments of punch, desserts, cheese & crackers, and veggies & dip.
- Tables with information about graduate programs and the daguerreotype project Saving America's Treasures from Ralph Wiegandt, preservation officer, and Martin Scott, long-time conservation volunteer.
- Exhibitions on view: The History of Space Photography, Astro-Visions, Bigger Than Life: CinemaScope at 60, and Lossless.
- Short silent films from the collection chosen by students in the L. Jeffrey Selznick School of Film Preservation.
- At 6 p.m. Jeffrey Stoiber, assistant curator in the motion picture department, will present a short talk on the history and curriculum of the Selznick School of Film Preservation.
- Live performance of the Aeolian pipe organ by Joe Blackburn, and demonstrations of organ rolls played through the dual pipe organs.
- Newly installed pipe organ chambers open for viewing.
- Insiders’ peek at the motion picture digital preservation lab on the second floor.
- Kodak Camera at 125 on view in the second-floor Corridor Gallery.
- Tabletop trees and holiday decorations throughout the house.
Eastman House Store and Café
- Get an early start on your holiday shopping! Members receive 20% discount in the Museum Store.
- Get a free book! Spend $50 (after your discount) and receive a free copy of Space: A History of Space Exploration in Photographs by Andrew Chaikin.
- Half-price coffee and tea in the café.
- 8 p.m. screening of Alfred Hitchcock’s newly restored silent film Easy Virtue (1927) with live piano accompaniment by Philip C. Carli. A limited number of vouchers for free admission to the film are available to members at the Peristyle check-in table beginning at 5 p.m. (limit 2, first come, first served).
No reservations required. Individual memberships admit one; Dual and above admit two; Benefactor and above admit four. For more information, call (585) 271-3361 ext. 434.